Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84491members
353713posts

PM5110 Negative Energy Value

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
solutions_iems-
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

PM5110 Negative Energy Value

I have a PM5110 power meter that has decided to change an import energy value into an export energy value.

On 12th July at 12:30, the energy reading was 2,147,457.38 kWh

Fifteen minutes later at 12:45, the energy reading became -2,147,483.03 kWh, and has stayed a negative value ever since. All kW values have remained positive.

The meter serial number is 340060199461 and it is connected to an ION 6.0.1 system using the PM5000 LE 6.0.1.11 driver. I know that the driver is not at fault as the other PM5110 power meters connected to the system are still measuring energy as expected.

I have attached a report for this power meter for 12th July 2020.

Attachments
Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Charles_Murison
Picard Picard
Picard

Re: PM5110 Negative Energy Value

Hello @solutions_iems- ,

‭2147483648‬ is the largest signed integer value for a 32 bit number. If the register is defined as signed, any number larger than this will be considered a negative number in software. Likely there is also scaling involved, possibly 1000. Note that ION Enterprise is very old software and no longer officially supported. You could try looking at the driver to see if possible to change the register to unsigned. 

For your data, you would need to find the 2's complement to the number. It is possible the report is rounding/truncating to 2 decimal places. I would look for the value in the database to be sure. for calculate what the energy should be to manually update. New value = ((2^32)/1000 + logged value)

For example -2147456.15 would be 2147511.146

Regards,

Charles

L4 Prime for Advanced metering and Utilities

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
2 Replies 2
Charles_Murison
Picard Picard
Picard

Hello @solutions_iems- ,

‭2147483648‬ is the largest signed integer value for a 32 bit number. If the register is defined as signed, any number larger than this will be considered a negative number in software. Likely there is also scaling involved, possibly 1000. Note that ION Enterprise is very old software and no longer officially supported. You could try looking at the driver to see if possible to change the register to unsigned. 

For your data, you would need to find the 2's complement to the number. It is possible the report is rounding/truncating to 2 decimal places. I would look for the value in the database to be sure. for calculate what the energy should be to manually update. New value = ((2^32)/1000 + logged value)

For example -2147456.15 would be 2147511.146

Regards,

Charles

L4 Prime for Advanced metering and Utilities
Tags (1)
solutions_iems-
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Hi Charles

I should have noticed that the value exceeded the limits of a register format!

I have changed the Modbus register for Real Energy into the Load (403204) for the PM5100_LE device driver from S64-87-21 to U64-87-21 format and it has resolved my issue. I will now check the driver types PM5300_LE, PM5350 & PM5500_LE for the same.

Thanks

Iain

Tags (1)