Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84729members
354149posts

ION8800 Communication

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Yut
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

ION8800 Communication

I am doing experiment to show and confirm to our customer that the ION8800 has multi access capability.

Using telnet show something strange.

There is DLMS connection but the telnet show Invalid(192.168.2.3) the software Gurux is reading data.

One connection from ION Setup (192.168.2.86). 

One Telnet (192.168.2.86).

One PME(192.168.2.3)

There is one software IED Explorer reading the meter using IEC61850 protocol but not show in Telnet.

If there is any explanation please advice.

Capture.JPG

Tags (1)
4 Replies 4
Nedjma
Community Alumni (Retired)
Community Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Re: ION8800 Communication

Hi, the community members can you help this member, please?  

@Charles_Murison do you think you can advise on this topic?

Tags (1)
Charles_Murison
Picard Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Hello Yut,

I am having a little trouble getting the ftp working on my ION8800 at home right now so I cannot speak to that aspect directly. When you use the telnet are you actively reading updated values on a schedule with IEC61850 software? Some software will open a connection, request data then close connection. 

If you set the telnet to use debug parser and issue command "eds", do you still see invalid?

Regards,

Charles

L4 Prime for Advanced metering and Utilities
Tags (1)
Yut
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

For IEC61850 it may open then close the connection as you mention I will study further. The IED Explorer was reading MMXU continuously the Telnet might not be able to capture. I will perform experiment with Telnet option when I'm free. 

Tags (1)
Yut
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

I use EDS command it showed INVALID 

IEC61850 sofware is running but did not show.Telnet Capture.JPG

Tags (1)