Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84643members
353976posts

FAQInjection SignalWhere can I find the value of injection signals for each IMD?

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Madleen_Laclef
Lt. Commander Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

FAQInjection SignalWhere can I find the value of injection signals for each IMD?

This information is available in Vigilohm Catalogue, for each Insulation Monitoring Device.

Search for the "Measurement Voltage" and "Measurement Current" information.

For example:

> for IM400: the injection depends on which Application Mode is setup (Power system, Control command, photovoltaic)

>for XM300

Tags (4)
2 Replies 2
ChenLiang
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Re: FAQInjection SignalWhere can I find the value of injection signals for each IMD?

For XM300C/XML3xx, there are 2 modes, normal mode with low voltage/current and boost mode with high voltage/current. The IMD changes the mode when Ri cross the alarm threshold. Below is the injection value:

ChenLiang
0 Likes

Re: FAQInjection SignalWhere can I find the value of injection signals for each IMD?

For IM400, there are 3 normal mode and 1 boost mode with locating application and when default exist, see diagram below:

IM400 injection diagram.bmp

in boost mode the IM400 voltage generator is a little more higher(150Vp) and the signal is square 2.5Hz, Below is a shape of the Vf voltage on Rf when IM400 connected with it:

Vf.BMP

Vfpp=3V   Vfp=1.5V

conditions:

IM400 fault threshold = 0.5Kohms,  IM400 in locating mode

Rf=400 ohms => IM400 in boost mode with 150Vp scare signal generated

If calculation :

If= Vfp/Rf = 1.5/400 = 0.00375A

this current is closed to the maximum If current (Rf=0) generated by IM400

If max is calculated by 150/40000(Ri) = 0.00375A