Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84556members
353820posts

Anyone successfully configure PM5320 MODBUS TCPIP?

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
sesa252887_brid
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Anyone successfully configure PM5320 MODBUS TCPIP?

Hi

We have problem reading PM5320 with MODSCAN. Is IONSetup the only tool to configure PM5320?

-Abon

Accepted Solutions
LaurentCoene
Captain Captain
Captain

Re: Anyone successfully configure PM5320 MODBUS TCPIP?

YES! Finally received my unit! (Thanks )

It's very easy but, there's a trick!

I connected mine to my Com'X200. Here are the steps:

First the meter:

-- Go to Maint in the menu (Maintenance)

-- Select Setup and click OK (if you have changed the default password which is 0000)

-- Click on Comm

From there you can change the IP settings of your device. Note that a static IP is called "Stored" IP on the device. Once you defined the IP, you are ready to talk to the meter. Note that there's nothing around Modbus (since modbus is not supported by this meter), so stop looking!!!

Then login on your Com'X200, go to the "Device Settings" tab, make sure the Com'X is selected in the tree, and go to the Ethernet section.

In the "No Device Connected" drop-down, select "Create a new device".

In the new screen, you will have a Device Type drop down. Select the PM5320. Note that you must have at least firmware version 1.1.14. It's not there in 1.0.14!!

Then in the Configuration section, enter the IP of your meter and (drum roll) you need to enter the Slave ID. The slave ID is 255. (Thanks to for that valuable information!).

Click on Create! And you're done!!! 🙂

Works perfectly! 🙂

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
LaurentCoene
Captain Captain
Captain

I've also had some issues with it while in Taiwan actually!

Was trying to connect it to the Com'X.

I've ordered one meter to do further testing but haven't received it yet.

Will keep you updated on my findings.

Anyone else?

LaurentCoene
Captain Captain
Captain

YES! Finally received my unit! (Thanks )

It's very easy but, there's a trick!

I connected mine to my Com'X200. Here are the steps:

First the meter:

-- Go to Maint in the menu (Maintenance)

-- Select Setup and click OK (if you have changed the default password which is 0000)

-- Click on Comm

From there you can change the IP settings of your device. Note that a static IP is called "Stored" IP on the device. Once you defined the IP, you are ready to talk to the meter. Note that there's nothing around Modbus (since modbus is not supported by this meter), so stop looking!!!

Then login on your Com'X200, go to the "Device Settings" tab, make sure the Com'X is selected in the tree, and go to the Ethernet section.

In the "No Device Connected" drop-down, select "Create a new device".

In the new screen, you will have a Device Type drop down. Select the PM5320. Note that you must have at least firmware version 1.1.14. It's not there in 1.0.14!!

Then in the Configuration section, enter the IP of your meter and (drum roll) you need to enter the Slave ID. The slave ID is 255. (Thanks to for that valuable information!).

Click on Create! And you're done!!! 🙂

Works perfectly! 🙂

sesa252887_brid
0 Likes

Hi Laurent,

Some of our customers do not have ComX200. Anyway they can configure PM5320 w/o ComX 200?

Thanks

Robert_Lee
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

You should be able to use ION Setup to connect to the device directly via Ethernet by adding it to a direct Ethernet site.

I'm still waiting on my shipment of the PM5340 so I can confirm that ION Setup will indeed configure these new devices but I've been configuring the PM5330 with no issues (that's serial however).

r_przechowski
Cadet
0 Likes

Can slave ID255 of PM5320 be changed for something below 247 (1 ideally).