Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84773members
354212posts

set and reset operators in structured text

Machine Automation Forum

A forum addressing machine automation solutions for the complete machine lifecycle. Including offers like Machine Advisor, Modicon PLC/PacDrive, Lexium or Preventa. Discuss and share knowledge on offers relating to cloud-based service platforms, machine localization and monitoring, industrial operations control, motion products as well as safety function!

Solved
otrotabi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

set and reset operators in structured text

what is the right way to use S (SET) and R (Reset) in HAVC ecostruxure machine expert ?

bool1 S= bool2 ; does not work, it gives syntax error.

Accepted Solutions
Bastian_Schmitz
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: set and reset operators in structured text

Hi, for my understandig S and R are more related to graphical languages like FBD and LD.

I think if you want do the same in ST you could use an IF THEN ELSE combination.

I could not find a sample in the online help or a way to use it in ST.

But if you use the SR/RS FB it should work.

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
2 Replies 2
Bastian_Schmitz
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Hi, for my understandig S and R are more related to graphical languages like FBD and LD.

I think if you want do the same in ST you could use an IF THEN ELSE combination.

I could not find a sample in the online help or a way to use it in ST.

But if you use the SR/RS FB it should work.

Tags (1)
otrotabi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Ok. I thought this was part of the IEC 61131 standard, but now I see  that in codesys it seems to be part of the extended standard (whatever that is it looks like not the standard implementation).

https://help.codesys.com/webapp/_cds_exst_operator_r;product=codesys;version=3.5.14.0

Thanks for your fast answer.

Tags (1)