Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82751members
350529posts

Communication between Sneider M241 PLC and Siemens LOGO PLC

Machine Automation Forum

This forum is addressing machine automation digital solutions from Schneider Electric for the complete machine lifecycle. Including offers relating to cloud-based service platforms (Machine Advisor), machine localization and monitoring, industrial operations control (Modicon PLC/PacDrive), motion products (Lexium), as well as safety function (Preventa).

Zutiar
Cadet
0 Likes

Communication between Sneider M241 PLC and Siemens LOGO PLC

Hello Everyone

I'm a apprentice electrician working on my final apprenticeship test. Which is a project I had to make up myself in this case.

My project revolves around the M241 PLC for a machine that uses camera's and automation in spotting errors on products before they're put into the machine and after it comes out.

All that is pretty much in place, however my assigment also involes the siemens LOGO PLC to either keep and eye on or atleast look at the M241 and then control some lights depending on the status of the M241.

I know I can get the M241 to do that but in the case that the M241 is turned off the LOGO should know this and turn lights on/off accordingly.

My problem is then to have those 2 PLC's communicating. Either 1 way or both ways. My teachers only solution for this so far is to use a middle man, which involes a raspberry pi using homeassist and modbus protocol. However, I would like to cut out that middle man if possible and have them talk to eachother directly but I'm abit lost in how to go about it.

I would think that I could use modbus to do this. But unsure if its possible and how I would go about it? or if there is a easier solution?

Thanks very much in advance for taking the time to read my topic and helping out.

- Zutiar

Tags (2)
1 Reply 1
Bastian_Schmitz
Commander Commander
Commander

Re: Communication between Sneider M241 PLC and Siemens LOGO PLC

You can talk to the "newer" Logo (FW8) directly via Modbus TCP. 

You can use the FB read_write_var to establish a Modbus TCP Connection.

Read_Write_Var 

The Logo publish all values on Modbus. 

You can find more information about that via google searche or in the follow document from Schneider Electric Proface

Link

best regards

Bastian

Tags (2)