Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84426members
353618posts

Rack ATS AP4423 firmware upgrade V6.4.7 to V6.8.2

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

shemil_usman
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Rack ATS AP4423 firmware upgrade V6.4.7 to V6.8.2

Hi,

I am getting DDF error when added Rack ATS AP4423 FW V6.4.7, so I want to upgrade the firmware to latest V6.8.2 and check if the error goes.

Please confirm if the ATS will not do a physical reboot during the upgrade and its only a management reboot, because client has devices connected to the ATS and will be a disaster if there is power connection lost.

Also please advise if I can directly upgrade from V6.4.7 to V6.8.2 or it has to be in steps from older to newer versions.

Thanks & regards

Shemil Usman

Tags (1)
1 Reply 1
Frowndon
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: Rack ATS AP4423 firmware upgrade V6.4.7 to V6.8.2

Hi,

My experience of upgrading Rack ATS is the past was bad.

I destroyed 4 live units years ago during firmware upgrades.

You have to unplug one of the inputs at one stage of the process.

Even after following the procedure closely the units internal power supplies failed.

I have hundreds of AP7721 on FW V3.5.7 and they loose connection with DCE all the time and need a reboot to clear.

A firmware upgrade will fix the bug but there's no way I'll risk it. I just have to reset the management card on 2 or 3 units each morning. Even now I won't attempt a FW upgrade with our new AP 4421 ATSs.

Regards,

Brendan.

Tags (1)