Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84338members
353511posts

Netbotz Trend Issues

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

JSmith
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Netbotz Trend Issues

I have a Netbotz 570 with several sensors, two of those happen to be recording temperature. Probe 1 is a Temp/Humidity prove and Probe 2 is a regular Temp probe. While looking at a Temperature Report Trend in DCE I get the following:

Probe 1 seems to be reporting values back every 30 seconds while Probe 2 seems to be reporting back all over the place sometimes there are minutes between values.There are some larger gaps in both sensors however I do get more data points in sensor 1 then sensor 2. Shouldn't I at least be seeing the same data points at the same time for both or all the senors in the Netbotz?

Any idea how to even start troubleshooting this or adjusting when the values get taken?

Regards,

J

Regards,

J
2 Replies 2
shansen1
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Re: Netbotz Trend Issues

Hi John,

Thanks for posting! I'll see if I can get some eyes on this.

Thanks,

Stine

APC_Steve
Commander Commander
Commander

Re: Netbotz Trend Issues

Hi @JSmith ,

Unlike SNMP where DCE will poll a device for each of it's individual sensors on a regular schedule and gets a single data point in return, NetBotz are polled for their data and DCE receives back XML data that includes all the changes since the last poll. If probe 1 has not changed in 10 minutes (assuming a 5 minute polling cycle), DCE may not receive any new data about that sensor. In contrast, I can recall seeing a faulty sensor on an old NetBotz sensor pod 120 where the sensor was sending the device, and in turn device sending DCE, hundreds of values per minute. DCE.

In short, no, you can not configure the systems to only get a single value every 5 minutes like you can with an SNMP device, sorry.

If on the other hand you feel these values are in error, perhaps that's another story and maybe you need to discuss that with your local tech support. If they appear valid however and they're coming in 10 times per minute on one and once a minute on the other, that's simply the way the system operates.

Thanks,

Steve