Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84752members
354181posts

Importing Change Requests from Service Now

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
dasdas
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Importing Change Requests from Service Now

Hi,

I am trying to import change requests from ServiceNow into the DCO system and store it in the CHANGE_TICKET table in DCO. Based on the information I found I need to create an ETL transformation using the Pentaho Kettle tool. My question is, what exactly does the Kettle transformation do? Does it have to write/ Insert the data into the DCO database directly, or should it do something else?

Thank you!

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Valentin_Kozlov
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Importing Change Requests from Service Now

Hi Dasith!

Basically transformations need to manipulate data the way you want.

You can get excel file, take some data from it and process it before storing in database (make some calculations, validating, etc) for example. You can define what exact column in your file will be stored in particular field and tables of the ETL database.

You also can prepare all data outside of DCO and load it in database directly via jdbc.

In this case you should choose "No transformation" option in ETL database settings.

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
3 Replies 3
Valentin_Kozlov
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi Dasith!

Basically transformations need to manipulate data the way you want.

You can get excel file, take some data from it and process it before storing in database (make some calculations, validating, etc) for example. You can define what exact column in your file will be stored in particular field and tables of the ETL database.

You also can prepare all data outside of DCO and load it in database directly via jdbc.

In this case you should choose "No transformation" option in ETL database settings.

Tags (1)
dasdas
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Hi Valentin,

I have one more question related to this. So if I write data to the "Staging Database" created by "Manage ETL Configuration" will DCO automatically pull it to the DB of the application? Or do I need to write the data directly into the DCO DB?

Thank you!

Tags (1)
Valentin_Kozlov
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

DCO DB is closed against external access, you should use staging database.

When you create staging database you should select "No Transformation" option on transformation page and configure synchronization schedule. 

Then data from staging DB will be synched to DCO DB according schedule automatically.

Tags (1)