Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84587members
353854posts

ITA Estimated Power summary

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
NF-London
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

ITA Estimated Power summary

Hi,

In the web client of ITA there is a power summary figure for each location of used/total power.  A user is asking me the source of these figures.  I cannot seem to reconcile these figures with my site figures though.  Sometimes it is almost exactly double the estimated load when totalled from each rack but in other cases it is not.

Mitigating factors:

• These particular sites I am interested in did not have the rack equipment attached to the PDU's in the rack.
  • Most if not all the racked equipment is set to DN+1 for power redundancy, where kit has 2 PSU's connected to the 2 PDU's.
  • These locations contain racks monitored by intelligent PDU's via DCE (7.6).
  • The setting in ITA is set to "Predictive Power" - this has not changed.

ITA Summary kWtotal of peak kW from DCE (30 day measured)estimated load in ITA web client (each rack EST LOAD totalled)
LOCATIONA2911.714.63
LOCATIONB157.57.72
LOCATIONC1810.314.46
LOCATIOND213418.62
LOCATIONE1910.714.87
LOCATIONF332730.45
LOCATIONG197-98.5

I need to help the user understand the basis of the summary figures and how they are calculated.

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Jef
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Re: ITA Estimated Power summary

Hi Nigel,

The utilized power is the sum of the equipment power consumption (equipment adjusted nameplate value). However, in the power calculations we need also include the equipment redundancy requirement/settings, for example for N+1 or 2N redundancy we need to multiply the power consumption by 2.

Kind regards,

Jef

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
4 Replies 4
Jef
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Hi Nigel,

Power kpi’s displayed in the web client is basically the locations UPS power capacity and its utilized power.

In my example the utilized power is 68 kW and the total power is 800 kW:
Capture-jf.JPG

Kind regards,

Jef

Tags (1)
NF-London
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Yes it is these figures you have highlighted that I want to understand.  Where is the utilised power from?  How is it calculated?

In my table the first column has these summary figures from ITA web client but I cannot understand how they differ between the sites in relation to the 2nd and third columns of measured load and the totals of estimated loads from each rack in ITA.  Surely there must be some consistency?

Tags (1)
Jef
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Hi Nigel,

The utilized power is the sum of the equipment power consumption (equipment adjusted nameplate value). However, in the power calculations we need also include the equipment redundancy requirement/settings, for example for N+1 or 2N redundancy we need to multiply the power consumption by 2.

Kind regards,

Jef

Tags (1)
NF-London
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Thanks Jef.

I have been experimenting with changing the redundancy on devices installed.  Clearly it makes a difference to the ITA web client summary of utilized power.  I would prefer clearer notes on this as all the documentation I have read only refers to the upstream UPS supply and not the redundancy of the asset itself which is what is being chosen.

Nigel

Tags (1)