Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84382members
353566posts

How to define a default value for a custom Property in DCO ?

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
aashraf
Lieutenant JG Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

How to define a default value for a custom Property in DCO ?

Hi,

In DCO / Configure Custom Properties, We configured some custom properties and defined them as a List with the possible values for the drop-down list, Also some of these custom properties are defined to be mandatory.

But when we add these custom properties to a data center item, It 's possible to leave them as a blank (without choosing any value from the drop-down list) which may be occurred as a human error.

So, the question is

Is it possible to define a default value for these custom properties? And How?

Thanks,

Ahmed Ashraf

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Jef
Captain Captain
Captain

Re: How to define a default value for a custom Property in DCO ?

Hi Ahmed,

That's correct, there is no way to set a default value for the customer property and the custom property value - it should be manually set for each data center item.
However, I think it might make sense that for the mandatory custom preproteins software should force you to select a value otherwise the "OK" button should not be enabled. I will capture this as a useful product feedback (for our future plans), thanks.

Kind regards

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
3 Replies 3
Jef
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Hi Ahmed,

A default value cannot be set beforehand, user may need to define/set it. As illustrated when using the configured mandatory custom properties, if you do not set the value the notification may say "Mandatory custom property xxx should be set":
Capture.JPG

However, if you have many devices that need to modelled and you need to set some sort of default properties settings, then you might want to set it in Genomes.

Kind regards,

Jef

Tags (1)
aashraf
Lieutenant JG Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Hi Jef,

Yes, I got this notification, But if you click OK without setting the value it will proceed without any issue.

And actually I have a lot of data center modeled items (more than 2000), and I added the custom property to a template which is already deployed for these data center items, But it's deployed without any value (As a blank field).

So it's not applicable now to add it to a genome.

The conclusion is,

There is no way to set a default value for the custom property and the custom property value (as per the above setup) should be set manually for each individual data center item, Is this right?

Thanks,

Ahmed Ashraf

Tags (1)
Jef
Captain Captain
Captain

Hi Ahmed,

That's correct, there is no way to set a default value for the customer property and the custom property value - it should be manually set for each data center item.
However, I think it might make sense that for the mandatory custom preproteins software should force you to select a value otherwise the "OK" button should not be enabled. I will capture this as a useful product feedback (for our future plans), thanks.

Kind regards

Tags (1)