Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84798members
354250posts

Clarification of the IT Gateway supported backup/restore scenario

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Clarification of the IT Gateway supported backup/restore scenario

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Akihiro Yamagami on 2019-05-23

I just like ask SE experts to confirm my understanding of the supported backup/restore scenario in EcoStruxure IT Gateway.

I think supported scenarios are 1 and 2. Then number 3 is not supported. Am I correct?

1.  Backup/restore on the same computer
  2.  Restoring the backup data onto the gateway on the other computer (Migration scenario)
  3. Distributing the same gateway configuration to several gateway servers. 

As far as I experienced using Gateway 1.6.0.39(Win), the following things are needed to be known for restoring. I think this also worth for sharing.

If there is something incorrect or missing, please comment.  

• Gateway server for restore is required to be the same version with the server on which backup data is created. (If user apply automatic update feature, he/she need to care this before restoring.)
  • The server configuration such as proxy setting are  restored . (It seems that the installation related configuration such as customized port number are not restored.)  Then, if the network environment of the gateway is the same, the restored gateway will automatically reconnect to EcoStruxure IT cloud. 
  • Serial number is also restored from backup data. So, the restored gateway will be recognized as the same serer automatically by EcoStruxure IT cloud.
  • On the other hand, user need to care by him/herself so as not to make co-exist the gateways with the same serial number by using the same backup data.

Regards,

Akihiro Yamagami

(CID:143760601)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Clarification of the IT Gateway supported backup/restore scenario

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Charlotte Arroyo on 2019-05-23

Yes this is mostly correct.  Just a few notes

#2 One note, it should be the same Gateway Version and Computer OS, you cannot restore Windows to Linux or vice versa
#3 No, You SHOULD NOT have multiple servers using the config via backup

(CID:143760872)

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Charlotte Arroyo on 2019-05-23

Hello Akihiro,

i will raise a ticket for you on support@ecostruxureit.com to get you a proper answer.

Please hold

Thanks

(CID:143760677)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Yes this is mostly correct.  Just a few notes

#2 One note, it should be the same Gateway Version and Computer OS, you cannot restore Windows to Linux or vice versa
#3 No, You SHOULD NOT have multiple servers using the config via backup

(CID:143760872)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Akihiro Yamagami on 2019-05-24

Thank you for your collaboration with support team and giving quick answer.
I understand well.

P.S.

If there is the topic which explain the supported backup/restore scenario in the FAQ or somewhere on HELP CENTER, I think it will be also helpful for the other users.  

(CID:144310910)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Charlotte Arroyo on 2019-05-24

Jackie Lehr

(CID:144310980)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.