Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84862members
354344posts

Swipe card login to Geo SCADA

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

Solved
rlao
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Swipe card login to Geo SCADA

This is a bit of an unusual question that got palmed to me: what would be involved in setting up Geo SCADA logins via a swipe card. I am running under the assumption that there is software on the swipe card side to translate to Windows AD credentials. However, on the Geo SCADA side is there a way to accept those credentials? There doesn't seem to be any native support for anything other than just typing in the user credentials manually...maybe there is a .NET API solution?

Accepted Solutions
sbeadle
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

Re: Swipe card login to Geo SCADA

Users have to enter their username and password into the login box, so if other login methods are needed for security, they need to be added to the Windows login.

If control centre PCs are left logged in to Windows using a common Windows user account (and this is often done) then you don't currently have any other option.

Virtual ViewX has an option for TOTP (one time numeric code from a smartphone app) - see:

https://community.exchange.se.com/t5/Geo-SCADA-Knowledge-Base/Technical-Guides/ba-p/278414?attachmen...

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
sbeadle
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

Users have to enter their username and password into the login box, so if other login methods are needed for security, they need to be added to the Windows login.

If control centre PCs are left logged in to Windows using a common Windows user account (and this is often done) then you don't currently have any other option.

Virtual ViewX has an option for TOTP (one time numeric code from a smartphone app) - see:

https://community.exchange.se.com/t5/Geo-SCADA-Knowledge-Base/Technical-Guides/ba-p/278414?attachmen...

rlao
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Thanks Steve, I suspected this would be the case but wanted an 'official answer' before I bounced that one back, just in case there was something I missed.