Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84865members
354354posts

Reading ASN Octet String via SNMP driver

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

rlao
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Reading ASN Octet String via SNMP driver

I'm trying to read out an IP address from an SNMP device which is in octet string format as per InetAddress TEXTUAL-CONVENTION. Trying to read it into a Geo SCADA SNMP string object gives me random characters as it is not treating it as a sequence of bytes.

I'm guessing there's no support for octet strings in the SNMP driver given the limited data types I have to play with. What would be the best way to get around this? Is it possible to convert this via scripting or expressions?

1 Reply 1
rlao
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Re: Reading ASN Octet String via SNMP driver

Managed to get it converted via VBScript from String -> Hex ->Int but now my problem is that if one of the octets is a 0, Geo SCADA treats it as a null character and ignores the rest of the IP address after it.