Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82720members
350465posts

Anyone know a cool way to have an object be visible or a certain color only in design mode?

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

Tanquen
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Anyone know a cool way to have an object be visible or a certain color only in design mode?

Just wondering if there's any kind of property anywhere that can be used to trigger color or visibility when in design mode only.

3 Replies 3
AdamWoodland
Commander Commander
Commander

Re: Anyone know a cool way to have an object be visible or a certain color only in design mode?

You could specify a layer that's not Enabled but the default layer. When you open in design mode the hidden layer will be visible, but open in run mode it'll be hidden. In design mode you can select the other layers to hide the disabled layer again.

I've seen this used on a couple of systems to provide design note and guidance.

Tanquen
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Re: Anyone know a cool way to have an object be visible or a certain color only in design mode?

I can give that a shot. That is basically what I'm trying to do, in other SCADA systems I've used visibility that's not normally processed in design mode and then when you go into view or runtime or whatever you call it, the object is not visible but in development it is. I'd like to have some of the objects be different colors in development so that you know even though there are 20 check boxes that look the same and behave the same in runtime they are doing different things under the hood.

AdamWoodland
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Hmm, not aware of a nice way. Sounds like you need something in the animations using an IIF, something like for a visibility

IIF(REGISTRY('DEBUG',0) > 1, 1, ".Point.CurrentState")

That way its "client side" rather than reacting off a database object. You should probably provide some script to set and unset the debug flag, recent versions have changed the way the REGISTRY stores data so its now stored against the user profile rather than actually the Registry.