Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84599members
353869posts

What about documentation for my control system ?

EcoStruxure Automation Expert / IEC 61499 Forum

Browse this forum to find everything you want to know about EAE and IEC 61499 for distributed control systems. Ask experts your questions, get answers, discuss, and share your experience with the growing community.

Solved
JohnConnors
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

What about documentation for my control system ?

I need to have a strong and mostly automated generation of documentation for my engineering people. Any solutions ?

Accepted Solutions
EPierrel
Crewman Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: What about documentation for my control system ?

Hi John,

My name is Eric from Itris Automation and we are a Schneider technology partner offering companion tools for EcoStruxure Automation Expert.

A typical need in terms of documentation is the representation of all communications between your devices and also between your devices and third party systems. This is very true for cybercurity purposes for example.

If that's what you are looking for, you may be interested in the next gen of our PLC Docgen that will be able to automatically analyze EcoStruxure Automation Expert programs and generate such a topological representation. As the documentation is generated automatically, you also get the extra benefit of always staying in sync between your code and your documentation.

We are currently developing a PoC and we will keep you posted as soon as the solution is available.

And in the mean time you may want to check our current version of PLC Docgen: https://shop.exchange.se.com/en-US/apps/52085/plc-docgen

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
EPierrel
Crewman Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: What about documentation for my control system ?

Hi John,

My name is Eric from Itris Automation and we are a Schneider technology partner offering companion tools for EcoStruxure Automation Expert.

A typical need in terms of documentation is the representation of all communications between your devices and also between your devices and third party systems. This is very true for cybercurity purposes for example.

If that's what you are looking for, you may be interested in the next gen of our PLC Docgen that will be able to automatically analyze EcoStruxure Automation Expert programs and generate such a topological representation. As the documentation is generated automatically, you also get the extra benefit of always staying in sync between your code and your documentation.

We are currently developing a PoC and we will keep you posted as soon as the solution is available.

And in the mean time you may want to check our current version of PLC Docgen: https://shop.exchange.se.com/en-US/apps/52085/plc-docgen