Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84356members
353542posts

Update between different sources of information and keep our policy consistent

Archives: Power Management Systems

sesa105048_brid
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Update between different sources of information and keep our policy consistent

Refering to subject: Micrologic and Remote breakes control in ION Enterprise

We agree that ION E platform is not a SCADA platform.
On the other hand there are many cases when ION E platform is integrate power distribution network including power breakers like Masterpact or NSX where application engineers started to introduce Breaker remote Control in VISTA diagrams.
In my opinion this is wrong and we need to stop this practice. I have some simple reasons below:
Applications with breakers control are time critical. User need to keep under control statuses and fenomenous which change in a time less than 400 ms.
In ION E Vista, refresh rate is not designed for such type of application and users can make mistakes or can put the installations on danger.
As for this type of applications it is not recomanded to use Vista control it is not good idea to add remote control of the breaker in Micrologic support driver neither in Vista diagram updater.
This is a competence of a SCADA system. ION E is not SCADA.
It is correct to let customer to do it on his responsability if he want.

I do not see any modification on Micrologic support driver since 2011, when the last unified driver has  been released.
At this moment we have big issue in ION E 6, SPM 7 and PME 7.2 with ths  driver which do not cover new firmware releses 3270 for BCM and 8273 for Micrologic unit.
Vista diagram contain butons for Breaker Remote Control which is not permited by the application type policy.
Morover we are in contradiction with what all ION E manuals says:
"• Do not use the software for critical control or protection applications where human or 
equipment safety relies on the operation of the control action.

• Do not use the software to control time-critical functions because communication delays

can occur between the time a control is initiated and when that action is applied.

• Do not use the software to control remote equipment without securing it with an

authorized access level, and without including a status object to provide feedback about

the status of the control operation."

Where we are now? I want to see your comments.