Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84584members
353853posts

[PME8.x][Download]Multi-Level-Meter Hierarchy Template

Archives: Power Management Systems

Kevin_Huang
Spock Spock
Spock

[PME8.x][Download]Multi-Level-Meter Hierarchy Template

Description:

A multi-level hierarchy template that allows a hierarchy node in each level to have associated meters, as well as child hierarchy nodes.  The template has different views to navigate either the full hierarchy or meters associated at each level.

Note: Installing the hierarchy template does NOT give you the configured sample hierarchy displayed below.  After installing the template to your PME system, configure the hierarchy according to your hierarchy needs

Screenshots (Select to enlarge) - Configured sample of a 4 level electric system hierarchy:

2016-09-21 15_08_47-Presentation1 - PowerPoint.png2016-09-21 15_16_11-10.168.92.179 - Remote Desktop Connection.png
2016-09-21 15_14_55-10.168.92.179 - Remote Desktop Connection.png2016-09-21 15_16_48-10.168.92.179 - Remote Desktop Connection.png
2016-09-21 15_17_13-10.168.92.179 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

Availability:

ReleaseRestrictions
Power Monitoring Expert 8.x
  • English only

Price:

• Free

Content Creator:

• Schneider Electric

Contact Information:

• n/a

Technical Support:

• This driver is not supported through standard support channels.  It is provided in an as-is state.

Download:

See attachment

Kevin Huang
PME Global Offer Manager

Click here to learn more on how PME helps you improve electrical safety, power reliability, operation efficiency and regulation compliance of your facility.
Attachments
Tags (1)
11 Replies 11
Juan_Arias
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

Re: [PME8.x][Download]Multi-Level-Meter Hierarchy Template

Thanks Kev!

Juan

JamesAZZO
Sisko | EcoXpert Master Sisko | EcoXpert Master
Sisko | EcoXpert Master
0 Likes

Matthew Watson / Brad Smith / Jason Gore - should this be our standard template?

JamesAZZO
Sisko | EcoXpert Master
0 Likes

Guys - did we ever try this one out?

mcolston
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

I've a site that is looking to view its data in a number of different "levels" and this looks like it might fit the bill.

Essentially, they want to have a "Level 0" as being top level, site incomer for example, but could be gas, or water

Level 1 could be a water balance split into different areas with the meters being at Level 2

But Level 0 could also be an energy balance, with Level one being different areas - office, production, compressed air, steam etc. and then level 2 being the actual meters. Or it could go one step further down with level 2 being a subset of the service - so Level 2 Chilled water, being split at Level 3 to different areas and then Level 4 being the meters.

Would this hierarchy work better than the default (I've started with the default as I hadn't seen this one - but not done too much as I'm waiting for client names)

And finally, could the titles be name Level 0 to Level 4 rather than Level 1 to Level 5 easily enough?

Mark Colston
adi Intelligent Buildings Ltd
mcolston
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Following my commend on the 6th June, I've been investigating this template on my test machine, but also altered the XML to shift the levels down one - so level 1 became level 0, level 2, level 1 etc.

I imported the template and it displays as you would expect.

I've then added some levels as below. All good so far.

But when I come to add the meters, the levels are lost on returning to the original tab.

At level 2 is a meter.

Click to the Level 2 tab and its not there

Click back to the meter tab and its also gone.

Assuming that I can resolve this issue, I presume that I need to add the meter at the level its physically located - ie I don't associate it with the levels above? I base this on the logic that if I do it could double or triple count it?

This does look to be perfect for the clients needs - If I can get it to save properly!

Jiafeng Huang​ is this something you can help with?

Mark Colston
Kevin_Huang
Spock Spock
Spock
0 Likes

This may have to do with the relation in the xml.  When you change the display name, did you also change all the type and reference?

Kevin Huang
PME Global Offer Manager

Click here to learn more on how PME helps you improve electrical safety, power reliability, operation efficiency and regulation compliance of your facility.
mcolston
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

I did a search and replace on the XML - both the display name and the levels were replaced - but I will check later.

Mark Colston
mcolston
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Thanks Jiafeng, Found the problem I think.

I had capitalised the level references - so rather than level1_level2 it became Level1_Level2

So the final question is, if I have a meter at level 3, do I associate it with level 2 and level 0? And if I have a meter at level 2 that then feeds the level 3 meter, will it double count the energy?

I can try it with some test data later, but if you know off hand that could save some time!

Mark Colston
JamesAZZO
Sisko | EcoXpert Master

Watching this thread had honestly just reminded me how hard Hierarchies actually is to define in the first place and get it right, nevermind getting rollups right, physical vs summed children nodes, backing up and restoring existing hierarchies, and the list goes on. This part of PME hasn't been touched for a number of revisions besides a graphic skin change.

Juan Camilo Arias​ - what's the plan here mate? We don't have anything on the roadmap here.

Also, nothing on the Billing Module which related to tenancy definitions in Hierarchies.

Juan_Arias
Janeway Janeway
Janeway

Hi James,

This is definitely in our radar.  Now we are seeing a broader adoption of hierarchies and also some projects pushing the limits of its capabilities. For PME 9.0 we have fixed some issues and we are looking at more improvements for the future.

Juan

mcolston
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

I have now set up a few meters into the Hierarchy and its not working (when I use Dashboards for example) how I was expecting it to!

For example, if I use the Drill down view to select the data, then no data is found, If I use the Level 2 view it works.

Drilldown View.PNGSelect Drill Down Data.PNGLevel 2 View.PNGLeft Drill down right Level 2.PNG

Mark Colston