Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84460members
353663posts

PME4DC installation error

Archives: Power Management Systems

Solved
JagmohanRawat
Lt. Commander Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

PME4DC installation error

CALLING MSDEUPGRADER.UPGRADESYSLOGDATABASE

ERROR: 0X1A8

SOURCE: MICROSOFT VBSCRIPT RUNTIME ERROR

DESCRIPTION: OBJECT REQUIRED

Error seems to be Generic and maybe some developer will be able to comment.

I get this error at "Configure SQL Server " step

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Brad
Sisko | EcoXpert Master Sisko | EcoXpert Master
Sisko | EcoXpert Master

Re: PME4DC installation error

Dave's explanation fits what I'm seeing here. The installer relies on components being deployed and registered to complete later tasks and if for some reason those files are removed manually but the MSI package is still 'installed' as far as the system knows, then there will be issues.

Assuming this is all the case, you may be able to proceed with a new install after uninstalling, possibly one of two ways:

1. I'm assuming the system got to this state by having the entire PME product folder deleted, which removes the main uninstaller (\Uninst_IONEnterprise\) and the critical configuration file (InstallInfo.xml) that's required for uninstall or maintenance. The registry key that is critical and links all this together is: 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\IONEnterprise'. One option to rescue this could be to restore the '\Uninst_IONEnterprise' folder if its in the recycle bin and run the uninstallstring - see registry for yours, mine is: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Schneider Electric\ION Enterprise\Uninst_IONEnterprise\UninstallLauncher.exe" IONEnterprise'. You'll likely get errors along the way, but continue through and hopefully the msi's will be 'removed' alloowing the install to run again.

2. Manually remove the packages/msi's thus allowing them to be re-deployed correctly. Unfortunately you cannot do this via add/remove programs, instead you will need to run 'msiexec /x {product-guid}' for each package. To know what the product guids are, you'll need to consult the Broker.xml (and fragments) for each one. Assuming you get them all and everything is as expected it should all work, but as Dave mentions it may not be the speediest route.

Hope this helps...

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
sesa56562_bridg
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

After remoting in to the system, looks like this was an attempt to recover from a previous failed install?  i.e. looks like it was installed, then all the files manually deleted, and then the installer ran again.

The problem looks to be that Windows thinks all the .msi packages in the installer have already been installed, with messages like "No need to deploy files, this package is aleady installed".  This is because a bunch of registry entries weren't cleaned up when the PME4DC files were deleted manually.

Then, when the installer hits the Configure step, it's trying to do a bunch of stuff with files that it assumes were installed, but don't exist.  Hence the "object expected" etc. message.

That's my best guess at what I'm seeing.  Solution: if possible, trash the machine and start from scratch.  Trying to recover from this situation manually will be time-consuming and labour-intensive.

JagmohanRawat
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

I thought of un installing PME4DC and take a different route - Install PME 7.2 and then upgrade it to PME4DC but then I got this error when I try to Install PME 7.2

I have uninstalled FLM and LM from Control Panle/Add Remove programs and deleted some registry entry as well. There is no SE folder...wondering where this info is located?

Looks like we will have to write PME Uninstalltion Procedure

Brad
Sisko | EcoXpert Master Sisko | EcoXpert Master
Sisko | EcoXpert Master

Dave's explanation fits what I'm seeing here. The installer relies on components being deployed and registered to complete later tasks and if for some reason those files are removed manually but the MSI package is still 'installed' as far as the system knows, then there will be issues.

Assuming this is all the case, you may be able to proceed with a new install after uninstalling, possibly one of two ways:

1. I'm assuming the system got to this state by having the entire PME product folder deleted, which removes the main uninstaller (\Uninst_IONEnterprise\) and the critical configuration file (InstallInfo.xml) that's required for uninstall or maintenance. The registry key that is critical and links all this together is: 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\IONEnterprise'. One option to rescue this could be to restore the '\Uninst_IONEnterprise' folder if its in the recycle bin and run the uninstallstring - see registry for yours, mine is: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Schneider Electric\ION Enterprise\Uninst_IONEnterprise\UninstallLauncher.exe" IONEnterprise'. You'll likely get errors along the way, but continue through and hopefully the msi's will be 'removed' alloowing the install to run again.

2. Manually remove the packages/msi's thus allowing them to be re-deployed correctly. Unfortunately you cannot do this via add/remove programs, instead you will need to run 'msiexec /x {product-guid}' for each package. To know what the product guids are, you'll need to consult the Broker.xml (and fragments) for each one. Assuming you get them all and everything is as expected it should all work, but as Dave mentions it may not be the speediest route.

Hope this helps...