Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84384members
353575posts

A utility that can safely delete custom measurements from PME

Archives: Power Management Systems

enrgyautomation
Commander
Commander

A utility that can safely delete custom measurements from PME

Admit it. We've all done it... From beginners to pro's.

Created a device via MDI / DTE / ETL and accidentally misspelled the register or quantity name....? Good luck.

Forget to name the output of an Arithmetic module in VIP and you end up with something silly like "Art32 Result 4" under Custom Measurements...

It's an easy mistake - but an exceptionally difficult one to rectify.

There are other great utilities out there that makes our jobs just a little easier e.g.: Manual Data Editor, Power Manager Settings etc.

Why can't we have a utility that can safely execute the script to delete an unwanted custom measurement? Why contact tech support over something so mundane?

Who agrees...? Vote now

I'll be the first to make a suggestion for this awesome new utility - Custom Measurement Deleter

5 Replies 5
enrgyautomation
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: A utility that can safely delete custom measurements from PME

Determined to get this one up the chain. VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!

Iain Pickles

Alan Rees

enrgyautomation
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!

Pavel_Melnik
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

I agree. It's a real pain to work with custom measurements in PME. I'd prefer utility not just to delete them, but to create as well. I'd love to have the ability just to set the name, aggregation type, units, local name and so on and be able to see that measurement everywhere in the system.

ram_kaushik
Admiral Admiral
Admiral
0 Likes

Nice idea and discussion! Actually, thinking about it some more - it would be nice to have a wrapper framework around all these utilities. For example, Microsoft Management Console (mmc) is the framework that has the concept of "snap-ins" to house all the different configuration tools. Programmers can even build their own snap-ins to share the look-and-feel and behavior. Something similar would be elegant.

mmc.png

enrgyautomation
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Let’s get voting and get up it the list!!