Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82569members
350190posts

Test post to associate products

Archives: Power Distribution

Solved
Jean_Commeignes
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Test post to associate products

As far as I could understand about limitations @Adam_Harding met in his today Arup post, to associate specific range (Symetra probably), driving him to associate overall UPS offer, I believe:

• Either wished offer has already been associated before, and you can pick in proposed list from name you introduce
  • Or we need to create it in the back-end, am I right @Omaelk ?

As an example, in this test post, I could immediately selecy Compact NSXm, and i could have even selected onother Compact range because pre-associated.

I will delete this trial post when discussion closed.

@Manishi feel free to delete in case you would start driving Arup audience in tis forum.

Best

Jean COMMEIGNES
Exchange Community Manager for Power & Building
Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Adam_Harding
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Test post to associate products

Hi @Jean_Commeignes,

Yes, when typing into the associated products box it would only come up with suggestions for "Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)" there were no suggestions for specific models of UPS either (Symmetra, Galaxy, etc.), I can confirm I can associate other Schneider products ion power meters, compact NSX breakers, Okken switchboards.

I tried a few random products one other that did not come up was: Ringmaster 

The other point is that for the "Labels" I see a "general question" label has been set up, for these two fields it's worth noting that we (Arup) will have to use the ones already configured. 

Thanks, 

Adam

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
3 Replies 3
Omaelk
Administrator
0 Likes

Hey @Jean_Commeignes , I confirm

Tags (1)
Adam_Harding
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Hi @Jean_Commeignes,

Yes, when typing into the associated products box it would only come up with suggestions for "Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)" there were no suggestions for specific models of UPS either (Symmetra, Galaxy, etc.), I can confirm I can associate other Schneider products ion power meters, compact NSX breakers, Okken switchboards.

I tried a few random products one other that did not come up was: Ringmaster 

The other point is that for the "Labels" I see a "general question" label has been set up, for these two fields it's worth noting that we (Arup) will have to use the ones already configured. 

Thanks, 

Adam

Tags (1)
Jean_Commeignes
Administrator
0 Likes

Thanks for update, Adam.

Regarding associated products topic:

We face here quite an incremental / opportunistic process for their creation.

=> Each time a key contributor asks for missing associated products, we create them in our back-end

=> There are so many ranges throughout SE, that it would be an endless creation then cancellation work if we would want to make permanently the full collection available for selection

=> My recommendation to you as well as our SE core contribution team (Manishi, Stacy, ...) is to send me a list of ranges you miss to feed your posts

• For time being, a first example of requested additional offer I noticed would be Symetra
  • You could provide me current list you would have in mind we would create 
  • Then in one week or one month, when new ones appear, send a new list, and so on.
  • Creation process should be quick, especially if you include @Jean_Commeignes as you did, and add for this specific purpose @Ed_mch 

Regarding current Table of Labels, I would recommend to :

• Use proposed table as much as possible
  • When this table shows limited regarding a new area you need to address, please use in addition a Tag:
    - Select General question label
    - And introduce most relevant keyword for your post
    => This will enable your Community to search against this new keyword
    => This will enable Manishi to enrich at a certain time Table of Labels with frequently used Tags

Best

Jean COMMEIGNES
Exchange Community Manager for Power & Building
Tags (1)