Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84766members
354199posts

Selectivity between MTZ 16 and MTZ 12

Archives: Power Distribution

mohammed.shareef
Cadet

Selectivity between MTZ 16 and MTZ 12

Hello

I am trying to achieve discrimination between the incoming device MTZ 1600A and outgoing device MTZ 1250A on the main switchboard.

Looking at the selectivity tables, this is not possible. However if I increase the Short Circuit delay to 0.2 seconds, then I seem to achieve discrimination between the two devices.

I wanted to check if this is possible.

Regards

Mohammed

Tags (1)
3 Replies 3
LewisWassell
Crewman Crewman
Crewman

Re: Selectivity between MTZ 16 and MTZ 12

Hello Mohammed,

Looking further into this now I have returned from France, please see my comments below.

Referring to the Complimentary Technical Information guide, full selectivity between the two MTZ1 breakers is not achievable, Trimble will not take into account the energy based selectivity, just time and current.

Full selectivity will be achieved with an MTZ2 2000A and NS1250 with the ii setting off. If the Ii setting Is set to 15xIn then you will achieve partial selectivity up to 30kA.

Do you know the full load current for the 1250A device? Full selectivity can be achieved by using an MTZ1 1600A and an NS1000L.

Please let me know if you would like to review the above maybe over teams, I am back in the UK so I will be easier to contact now.

Tags (1)
AlexandreBoulet
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hello Mohammed,
You can also find more discussions on MasterPact MTZ in the public forums.

Best regards,

Alex

Alexandre Boulet
Schneider Electric - Exchange Launch Leader
Tags (1)
LewisWassell
Crewman Crewman
Crewman

Hi Mohammed,

Another solution would be to use ZSI (zone selective interlocking) between the 2 ACB's in question.

I have attached the information on ZSI for your reference. I have also sent a question across to our team in France regarding the selectivity between these two devices to confirm, I have modelled this on our own Electrical Calculation tool and I am seeing the same result as you, but as the guide states it cannot be achieved, I would prefer to check this.

https://product-help.schneider-electric.com/ED/MTZ/Micrologic_X_User_Guide/EDMS/DOCA0102EN/DOCA0102x...

Attachments
Tags (1)