Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82126members
349637posts

Pelco Media Player (ActiveX) should be downloadable from IP camera itself.

Archives: Industrial Automation and Control

sesa235901
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Pelco Media Player (ActiveX) should be downloadable from IP camera itself.

Q is why Pelco Media Player didn't located in the Pelco IP cameras?

9 Replies 9
sesa137169
0 Likes

Re: Pelco Media Player (ActiveX) should be downloadable from IP camera itself.

Hi Pavlo,

Pelco media player is a software that you have to install on your PC.

sesa137169

sesa235901
0 Likes

Yea I know that I can download it from pelco site. But what I mean is: pelco media player should be downloadable from ip camera (like all manufacturers in the market do) or in camera should be direct link using which you may download that ActiveX not just pelco.com

All this about more convenience for end user. I think at list new IL cameras should support mentioned above.

SESA244268

Pavlo

Interesting ideas - hosting the file on the camera might not be the best idea, but linking to the download site on Pelco.com is a good idea.

I'll make sure to pass that idea along.

Marilyn Maguire

Sr Product Manager - UI Experience

sesa235901

Placing ActiveX in camera is like standard through all manufacturers. And every system engineer or end user expect to find it there. I understood that ActiveX with size of 40MB is quite big. So our R&D should also work to reduce it's size.

SESA244268
0 Likes

Pavlo

ActiveX installation in most major corporate networks in North America is not allowed. Pelco has released an updated Pelco Media Plugin to improve playback of video that is deliberately not an ActiveX component. I am not ready to go back to R&D and ask them to develop, and then optimize an ActiveX component, when we have the Pleco Media Plugin released. As you can see from this link, it is 41MB, zipped. (Pelco Knowledge Base).  Without the PMP installed, the system should default to use Quicktime. I agree that a link from the camera to Pelco.com to download the Pelco Media Plugin is a good idea.

sesa150133
0 Likes

I found this

http://www.pelco.com/sites/global/en/sales-and-support/downloads-and-tools/media_plugin.page

And its about 2,5mb it would be great if it would work directly with the camera and able to show analytic as the old ActiveX. It works fine with IE, Firefox and Chrome. The Pelco ActiveX only works with IE and the benefits is that it is possible to show analytic.

SESA244268
0 Likes

Martin

It is 25MB, not 2.5, and it is the start of our updated components to work with all products. There is work to do on the firmware side to get this fully functional, and it is in the development queue.

Marilyn

sesa150133
0 Likes

Sorry meant 25mb Sounds good that it is in the queue!