Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84442members
353645posts

New Installation Question

Archives: Industrial Automation and Control

thomas_sapunari
Cadet

New Installation Question

I just installed a DSSRV30 w/ 37 camera. The installation went ok accepting all the defaults, but now as I go through the process of fine tuning the system I noticed all the camera videos are saved in a generic location on the servers hard drive.  Unfortunately the file naming convention is not user friendly, so I was hoping anyone could direct me to a link or LL# that will guide me into setting up the repository correctly.  I have the camera seperated into 4 Camera Groups with stricted access to some users.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5
neal
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: New Installation Question

What would you consider to be correct? I'm not clear on teh question.

bcooper_nwcu_co
Captain
Captain

The security in DS Admin for user access is not related to where the video is stored on the server drives. It is related to how you can access the Control Point software to view video. If you need to restrict the access to the video on the server, you need to restrict access in Windows to the folders that store the video files.

urbmend26
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

specifically you want to do with the video server or Stored in locations destinations are not the right video?

thomas_sapunari
Cadet
0 Likes

My thought was to seperate the video storage so that only the cameras that are located in a certain area, have their videos stored together.  I know now it is not possible.

chauncey_merriw
Crewman
Crewman

I think he was referring to how the folders populate on the harddrive. It threw me for a loop as well. I usually see numbers like 1-10 then the same inside those folders. Never really cared as long as the search function works. Not even sure you can change that.