Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82126members
349637posts

Is any body can tell me how i can take snapshots in every 2 hours for arround 800 sarix ip camera's at same time

Archives: Industrial Automation and Control

sesa254997
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Is any body can tell me how i can take snapshots in every 2 hours for arround 800 sarix ip camera's at same time

In my previous site experience  end user asked me to provide snapshots of each camera at same time in every 2 hours in that site we are having 800 pelco camera's  some how i convinced them with the live feed but still my question is there anything we can do to full fill this requirement

Tags (1)
8 Replies 8
sesa137169

Re: Is any body can tell me how i can take snapshots in every 2 hours for arround 800 sarix ip camera's at same time

Hi,

You can use the Pelco SDK - create your own software that requests a snapshot from all camera at the same time.

here is the Pelco Developer Netwoek link: Pelco Developer Network (PDN) | PDN Home

Best regards,

sesa119903

Re: Is any body can tell me how i can take snapshots in every 2 hours for arround 800 sarix ip camera's at same time

Hi,

On the Sarix web interface, under the settings, there is a tab for Events. You can setup a timer event every x hours. Next you can setup a handler to run every time the timer is triggered. The handler allows to uplaod a JPEG to an FTP server or to save a JPEG to a SD Card. You can select which one is suitable to you.

Please note, this will have to be configured per camera as far as I am aware.

As Plamen suggested, there may be some option on the SDK to do this as well in a more customizable fashion.

sesa137169

Hi Anghad,

This will make snapshots for each camera, but each camera will make the snapshot in different moment. The requirement is to have snapshot of all cameras in the same moment.

sesa254997
0 Likes

Hi Plamen ;             I am agree with Angad, Since in Sarix Web interface we synchronize it with our time server so it will give us the snaps at the same time

Kly
Sisko
Sisko

You are wrong. Listen to Plamen.

In camera menus you can choose only Time period. For example, Take a snapshot every 3600 seconds, but you cannot enter exec time, for example, each hour at xx:00:00. Another problem that you cannot set all 800 cameras at the same time. So it will take up to 2 hours to get all 800 new images.

sesa137169
0 Likes

Hi,

Please, see this discussion regarding how to take a snapshot from camera: Re: I have Spectra 1080p camera. I need support with it.

You can use this way from within your own multithread application.

Best regards,

sesa150133
0 Likes

If you have a computer/server then you can run this program:

SeqDownload

And use http://Ip_adress/jpeg

sesa235901
0 Likes

It will be so nice to add that functionality just into camera. R&D team please add that 😉 my filling that it is not so hard and time consumpting.