Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84255members
353353posts

I need to run DS QuickSetup on a client PC, to act on a remote NVR

Archives: Industrial Automation and Control

dominic_bufton
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

I need to run DS QuickSetup on a client PC, to act on a remote NVR

Hi

Windows install on the NVR is hosed, and needs a rebuild (long story), but the NVR is stil runnig Controlpoint and recording fine.

I can't run DS admin or DS Quicksetup locally as they fail to run (trust me in that there are no options to fix this other than an OS rebuild, but don't have downtime available for this right now).

I can run DS Admin from another PC, and aim it at the NVR by copying across the server list ini file.

Is it possible to do the same for DS Quicksetup?  I can't see any obvious files that might point the program at the NVR

thanks

Dom

3 Replies 3
dominic_bufton
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: I need to run DS QuickSetup on a client PC, to act on a remote NVR

just a little bump to refresh everyone on this, in case any ideas have popped up!

Nail
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Hi

DS Quick Setup supposed to run only locally and has no options to connect to a remote DS server.

dominic_bufton
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

dang, I was hoping someone more clever than me might have worked something out with .ini files or reg key for remote paths...