Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82309members
349844posts

I have Spectra 1080p camera. I need support with it.

Archives: Industrial Automation and Control

sesa235901
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

I have Spectra 1080p camera. I need support with it.

I adjust (because I need so, one for Demonstration during Local Exhibition, second for internet streaming using wowza server): 1 Stream h264 1920x1080p 25ips  4000kb/s 2 Stream h264 480x272p 25ips  750kb/s Q is how to make JPEG snapshot (which I plan to automatically post on Facebook) with resolution 1080p showing to remote real image possibility. Using command request http://192.168.0.20/jpeg?id=1  back with result of 640x352 resolution ?!?! snapshot. I WHANT 1080p )) sample test page is: usrv.pp.ua/pelco

6 Replies 6
sesa137169
0 Likes

Re: I have Spectra 1080p camera. I need support with it.

Hi Pavlo,

Recently we had such issue and we contacted our tech support. Here under is what I understood from that and how to get a high resolution jpeg image:

Make one of yor streams (for example the second) with MJPEG compression and the resolution that you want. After that type in a browser http://cam_ip_address/jpeg and you should receive a jpeg image with the resolution that you set on your MJPEG stream. If both streams are MJPEG you should receive a jpeg image with the highest resolution.

If none of your streams are MJPEG you should receiva a jpeg image with 640x480 or 640x352 (depending on your streams configuration - 4:3 or 16:9).

Please, test and send me your feedback.

Best Regards,

sesa235901
0 Likes

We try to change via SSH connection on IXE10LW camera so called quick preview JPEG stream (3ed stream). And it works! Using http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/liveview/full_res.jpg?dl=1&quality=70 string request go back with 960p JPEG image even when 1 and 2 streams are h.264!! But this string doesn't work for Spectra 1080p camera ((( Are here available real POWER PELCO USERS? Who know how to solve my mentioned in the topic above task?

sesa119952

I have good and bad news for you!

First, the bad news -
I did some testing with Spectra 1080p and some other model Sarix, and you are right that some models support different stream configurations than others. This is due to software and hardware differences.
I attempted a few methods (SSH Command Line, HTTP POST, and even API Requests) to force the jpeg stream resolution higher, but in the end certain models just will not do it unless you follow as Plamen stated above, and set one of your streams to MJPEG instead of H264.

Now, the good news -
There is a workaround method you can use to obtain a jpeg snapshot from whichever stream you like, using a Windows or Linux PC Server/Client and FFmpeg.

For example, in my test I used a Windows PC to do this, capturing from stream1, with these steps:

1. Download and extract/unzip the latest Zeranoe FFmpeg build.
  2. Open MS Command Prompt and change to directory where FFmpeg was extracted.
  3. Execute FFmpeg with command line options to specify that it connects to the Sarix Device RTSP stream1, and captures the first image it receives as snapshot in jpeg format...
    ffmpeg -i rtsp://10.220.78.128/stream1 -ss -0 -vframes 1 -vcodec mjpeg -f image2 test01.jpg -y
    ffmpeg-command-example.jpg
    ...and the test01.jpeg which was captured at 1920x1080 (as stream1 is set for this camera)...
    test01.jpg

You can see the full list of command line options online at the ffmpeg.org documentation, and can automate this as a batch file using Windows Task Scheduler, or as a script added to a cron job if using FFmpeg for Linux instead.

sesa235901
0 Likes

David hello! Real POWER answer))

But this require additional dedicated HW with ffmpeg (if I want stability)  - I don't have it, additional stream/ load cameras cpu  - and more affords to implement my task (integration with our site and our Facebook page leave feed).

Please send this issue with Spectra 1080p to R&D. I more then sure they may fix this limitation from FW side.

I found today there is new 1.9 FW for 1080p cameras realized on pelco.com. May be there 1080p jpeg will work... I will try on Monday!

sesa235901
0 Likes

I upgrade my Spectra 1080p with 1.9 FW.

1. Stream H264 1080p

2. Stream H264 272p

And try again using putty to change resolution of JPEG stream to 1080p

Putty SpectraHD.png 

Unfortunatly I have no success of getting that 1080p JPEG nither from the Live / Take Snap Shot Button  nor from the command http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/jpeg?id=2

I really need to understend - may this issue be fixed? or this is the final way of working of Spectra 1080p (because of HW/FW limitaions).

sesa235901
0 Likes

One more issue. I become crazzzzzyyyy. What I should to do if I need one stream 1080p JPEG 2fps (or any possible fps) and second h264 stream 480x272p 25fps. From Spectra 1080p. Please try to do this yourself... And come with results.