Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84766members
354198posts

Esprit SE IP - Upload JPEG to FTP

Archives: Industrial Automation and Control

Solved
sesa232446
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Esprit SE IP - Upload JPEG to FTP

Hi,

I have an Esprit SE IP sitting on my desk that I intend to deploy to northern Alberta as part of our 511 system. I need to pull images back to our central SCADA system and have set up a timer source and upload to JPEG to FTP handler as shown in the screenshots below. I've tested the FTP server using the same settings and confirmed that upload is possible, but I'm still not getting any images from the camera. Any possible reason for this?

Source.jpg

Handler.jpg

Accepted Solutions
sesa232446

Re: Esprit SE IP - Upload JPEG to FTP

Thanks, but it turns out that the Upload JPEG to FTP handler doesn't actually handle accounts without passwords. Changing the account to require one fixed the problem.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
sesa119696

Hi Robert,

As I have read in your initial summarization of your support request, I noticed that you had stated that the Esprit SE IP has been able to successfully send images to an FTP site of your choosing. If this is the case, and images are not being received by the SCADA support, then the only option I can offer is to contact our API/SDK through our PDN site at http://pdn.pelco.comas they can assist with the interfacing to the SCADA structure for requesting of images from the Esprit SE IP in question.

If there is no account setup already, there will be a need for the creation of an account on that site as named above. Our Business Development Department tracks those that come onto the site for use of the API/SDK information.

I hope this helps? Please feel free to let me know if there were to be anything else that may be needed.

sesa232446

Thanks, but it turns out that the Upload JPEG to FTP handler doesn't actually handle accounts without passwords. Changing the account to require one fixed the problem.

sesa119696
0 Likes

I did not catch that earlier and thank you for re-iterating that for me Robert.

I am glad that you were able to get this fixed.

Should you need anything further in the future, please feel free to let us know.