Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82126members
349635posts

DS NVs (DS SRV) + Sarix Ti + analog output

Archives: Industrial Automation and Control

sesa19971
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

DS NVs (DS SRV) + Sarix Ti + analog output

Hallo All,

Customer require this solution. Please let me know if somebody have any experiences with this solution:

On CCTV IP system will be used DS NVs (based on 3-rd party HW) and Sarix Ti cameras with running Pelco video analytic. If the analytic will be activated (eg. people cross the line, object counting,...) is necessary trigger analog output with connection to 3-rd party Intruder Alarm system.

The output must be based on IP recorder (or separate I/O module connected to IP recorder). I know that Sarix Ti camera has analog output, but there will be based DS NVs (DS SRV) on one 19" data rack with 3-rd party IAS. Is not possible draw cable from each Ti camera! On system will be used 10 Ti cameras, some cameras will be far 200m from control room with DS NVs (DS SRV)

I have to find to solutions:

1. For DS NVs so any possibility to connect 3-rd party I/O module

2. For DS SRV, there I am not sure if is possible use alarm outputs based on ENC5416 encoder.

Thanks very much

Lukas

8 Replies 8
plamen_velikov
0 Likes

Re: DS NVs (DS SRV) + Sarix Ti + analog output

Hi Lukas,

On the ENC5416 you have relay outputs which can be used for connection to 3rd party system.

Best regards,

SESA120066

Hello Lukas, while the ENC5416 do have relay outputs it only works when using the DSSRV. You mention a third party hardware using DS NVS. The ENC5416 is not an option for DSNVS. The only other option I can see is to use an Endura encoder to bring the analog signal back and convert near the head end this would give you inputs and outputs nearby. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying IP based cameras but it is an option if it has to be done that way.

Moses Ramos

sesa235901

Hello Moses,

I have doubts that current version of DS SW supports triggering on alarm event output relay in Pelco IP coders and IP cameras. Am I correct?

SESA120066

That is correct, the output would have to be configured in the camera through the web browser and would be independent of the DS system.

sesa235901

So you will not benefit from the DS only. May be you should try to use combination of Andover Continuum with ACX or NetController II + DS.

sesa150133

Hi Pavlo,

One of my colleges have programmed a small program that you can install in the DS and it controll ADAM I/O boxes. You can set it up when a DS server gets a alarm it can trigger a output on a ADAM I/O. If you would like to test it out please contact me and you will get my colleges details:)

sesa235901

Hi Martin, Very intresting to look at this small programm, they use Integral API/SDK?

sesa150133

Hi,

Yes it use Integral SDK. The guy you shall talk to is my boss Johan Svensson that is product manager security Sweden. johan.svensson@schenider-electric.com

I will send him an email and tell what you are interested in:)

Have a good weekend