Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84704members
354083posts

Where can I open Workplace tech after install successfully?

Archives: Building Automation and Control

YangboLIU
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Where can I open Workplace tech after install successfully?

After Microsoft viso be installed , SBO WorkPlace Tech can be selected during the SBO installation process, after WorkPlace Tech be installed successfully, Where can I find WorkPlace Tech, How to open it?

6 Replies 6
sesa139513
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Re: Where can I open Workplace tech after install successfully?

Workplace Tech can be found on the Exchange Download Center. Here is the link.

YangboLIU
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Hi Houston:

Maybe you misunderstand my question, When install WorkPlace Tech with SBO , WorkPlace should be found under SBO , but I can't find it,

Benji
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

You don't find it under SmartStruxure. It's a standalone installation.

YangboLIU
Commander Commander
Commander

Got It, Thanks

sesa116983

If you install WorkPlace Tech as part of the SmartStruxure WorkStation installation and Visio is already installed, when you log onto the AS or ES with WorkStation, you can find WorkPlace Tech Editor in the Engineering group of the Control Panel.  Once in the WorkStation Control Panel, selecting WorkPlace Tech Editor takes you to the "Applications" tab where a list of  IA Series applications that are already present in the selected server will be displayed.  Assuming no applications exist and you want to create or import a new application, you would select the "+" icon beneath the Applications tab.  The interface will display a list of controller types that you want the drawing to be based upon.  This will launch WorkPlace Tech Editor and open an empty drawing for that type of device.  Once the drawing is opened, you can either create new contents for the selected controller type or use the import wizard of WorkPlace Tech Editor to import one or more existing IA Series applications that are available outside SmartStuxure.

Wasn't sure if your original question was answered or not.

sesa116868

The WorkPlace tech software comes in two flavors, the standalone version or the version integrated as a tool in SBO.

The standalone version of WorkPlace Tech Tool is run from the Windows start menu or from the desktop shortcut and is used to design and download MNL or MNB controller applications

The SBO version of the Workplace Tech software is run from the SBO Workstation Control Panel and is used for engineering MNL controller applications to be loaded into MNL controllers under an AS.