Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84861members
354342posts

Technician Tool App Connection Question

Archives: Building Automation and Control

Solved
Cody_Failinger
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Technician Tool App Connection Question

If I remember correctly, you can not use the mobile app to connect to a server across the internet right? Or is there a way to do it?

I have a customer that is able to connect to a server in a different network with Workstation but the mobile app just times out and cannot connect.

Accepted Solutions
sesa145087_brid
Schneider Alumni (Retired)

Re: Technician Tool App Connection Question

My case is still unsolved. It seems that the 443 port is not totally opened for that AS. I will update it after I get it.

See Answer In Context

6 Replies 6
Cody_Failinger
Administrator
0 Likes

This site is 1.3.0.938. The AS is behind a Verizon FiOS router, with ports 22, 80, 4444 forwarded to the local LAN IP of the AS.

They have a bunch of sites (~20) that they access in this way, over the internet. They are a mix of 1.3.0.938, 1.4.0.4020, and 1.4.1.68, some with ES, but most are standalone AS.

Derrick_Ratliff
0 Likes

As I understood it, it was more of a problem with the LAN settings or the Mobile providers settings than SBO.  I think Andrew did a lot of research on it.

sesa145087_brid

My case is still unsolved. It seems that the 443 port is not totally opened for that AS. I will update it after I get it.

Cody_Failinger
Administrator

Thank you XiaoJiong for the information from Robert. The NMap showed him that port 443 was not truly open. As soon as he corrected this, the issue was resolved.

Jeff
Administrator

Glad to hear the primary issue was resolved.

Follow up question: has anyone pointed this customer to our "Securing an iBMS" document on the Extranet? It's a great document that covers secure system design (and beyond). It also goes into detail on defense-in-depth, and would discourage simple port forwarding without VPN or some other extra layer of security.

Though someone may have a requirement for an unsecured system, then I would strongly urge them to (1) use only very strong passwords, (2) close port 80 and 4444 (unencrypted - use 443 to communicate instead), and (3) make it a high priority to run the latest release of the software. 1.3.0.938 is well over a year old, and it's definitely got some security vulnerabilities that were addressed in 1.4.1 (as a result of the DIACAP effort).

Sorry for the unsolicited suggestion, but the last thing we need is a Stuxnet-type attack developed against SmartStruxure.

--Jeff

Cody_Failinger
Administrator
0 Likes

Thanks Jeff! I will tell the customer about it.