Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84527members
353772posts

Studio360 - One should be able to add oneself to the Project Group Assocation

Archives: Building Automation and Control

David_Purser
Spock Spock
Spock

Studio360 - One should be able to add oneself to the Project Group Assocation

When defining the Project Group association, this has to be done at Creation or by Admin. One should be able to add oneself to the project group association. This will require the system to be more involved because the group would have to be defined with a user. Currently the group Operations -> SD -> David Purser is not assigned to user David Purser and would have to be so that I could assign the project to myself without being an admin.

I believe the use process would be that individuals would claim the projects that they are working on by themselves. Sometimes one is involved for a certain aspect, but may still want it to pop-up when one groups their own projects. Also i think it still should require an Admin to remove someone from the group assignments, so someone can not remove themselves after they worked on the project.

Tags (1)
2 Replies 2
LonnieCaroon
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: Studio360 - One should be able to add oneself to the Project Group Assocation

Would using the Favorite Projects feature work to accomplish the same thing. If you right click on a project in the Open Project window, you can select Add To Favorites.Then when you go to File -> Favorite Projects, the user can get to the projects they are interested in pretty quickly. Thoughts?

David_Purser
Spock Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Re: Studio360 - One should be able to add oneself to the Project Group Assocation

My idea of Favorites are projects that I am currently working on. If I am looking for Projects that I have worked on, then I will go to the sub-groups and find my name. Now if I could easy assign my name to the project, then that list would be up-to-date. Plus others could look for the projects I have worked on.

I usually only keep my active jobs on my local S360 & cleanup all the others, but issues can pop-up in warranty that I will have to sync files with before I get back into its issue.