Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84570members
353843posts

Has anyone reset the user accounts in a AS, while retaining the existing database?

Archives: Building Automation and Control

RobertAndriolo
Spock Spock
Spock

Has anyone reset the user accounts in a AS, while retaining the existing database?

A customer has managed to lock themselves out of their AS.  They achieved this by disabling the 'admin' user and when they created the new user did not assign this new user to a group.  So neither of these accounts can log in (even though they know the passwords!).

Have tried the password recovery tool but this does not reset the user settings only resets the password.  Have forwarded this to R&D but just wondering if anyone else has seen / tried or had this problem?  Thanks.

4 Replies 4
sesa177673
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Re: Has anyone reset the user accounts in a AS, while retaining the existing database?

Hi Robert,

Did you ever get a reply from R&D?

I'm curious and pretty sure that there is a way (not that I can remember it).

//Andy

RobertAndriolo
Spock Spock
Spock

Re: Has anyone reset the user accounts in a AS, while retaining the existing database?

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately if the Admin user is disabled or moved from the Administrator group then there is no form to recover the admin password.  The Password recovery tool described in our internal Lessons Learned https://community.exchange.se.com/t5/Building-Automation-Knowledge/StruxureWare-Building-Operation-P... only recovers the admin user and needs this account to one exist and secondly be part of the Administrators group.

The client that I raised this issue for originally had to recreate the database from scratch.

There was discussion to ensure that the admin user could not be disable in 1.5 but I am not sure of its status.  Maybe David White can advise when this will be implemented?

sesa177673
0 Likes

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the update. Good to know!

//Andy

DavidWhite

This was entered as a change request for 1.5, but was ultimately withdrawn due to other items of higher priority and added to the overall product backlog.