Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84525members
353768posts

AS alone and Licensing requirements

Archives: Building Automation and Control

sesa139513
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

AS alone and Licensing requirements

Curious as to the actual license requirements for a stand alone AS. The attached TPA states:

Any sites and projects using features within SmartStruxure solution components (e.g. Enterprise Server, Automation Server) without the use of required licensing:

• is in legal violation of product use
  • will not be supported by PSS
  • runs the risk that an improperly used feature will no longer work after a hot fix or software upgrade

I read that as a AS alone at a site would require a license. Of course, there is the setup of that AS, but say I have five sites all with an AS alone with no ES or WorkStation, is a license for that AS or Site required?

Attachments
Tags (3)
3 Replies 3
Derrick_Ratliff
0 Likes

Re: AS alone and Licensing requirements

I think all that would be needed for that site would be a workstation license. Better ask someone in Marketing or product rollout to be sure.

SESA116857
0 Likes

Houston,

Based on previous history and license types an AS stand alone should not require any licening for the installation as long as they are using the web interface to access the AS devices. If they use a front end with a Workstation then yes they would need a workstation license, but not a requirement for a site.

The unknown looking at the licenses is my knowledge about the EcoStruxure Web Services. I think this is the most likely feature that might have worked before but might now be licensed. The Tech Tool I believe has always been licensed since its availability.

Because the message is stating to add the required licensing requirements now it has to be a license that is actually offered and available.  This is why I think the EWS is the most likely license under discussion.

Even with those statements it no guarantee it won't change in the future, but this shoudl be enough to advise customers based on the available licenses.

CraigEl
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

I think Mark hit the nail on the head, I also believe that this is targeted to EWS and the Technician Tool.