Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84766members
354198posts

what does it means the boost/trim rly fault code

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
brummbear_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

what does it means the boost/trim rly fault code

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/5/2020

Hi guys

we have a Smart-UPS 1000 and yesterday was a happening because the device turned off without any previous sign. The problem was the next:

the device could turn on but it couldn't supply the other devices and it showed, we have to contact with APC immediately or something like this. 

I wasn't there so I don't whats happend exactly. Today I tried to turn on and magicly it could turn on without any problem. 

I read out the logs and I've found 6 fault code "boost/trim rly". 

Please help me what does it mean because I don't find any useful info about it. 

The battery was replaced last July.

Tags (4)

Accepted Solutions
Brad_C_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: what does it means the boost/trim rly fault code

It means the UPS is seeing an output voltage outside of what it expects to see. The most common cause of that is a relay weld on the boost/trim relay(s).Other hardware failures can cause the same issue.

If it powers up and runs ok and there is a faulty relay, next time you experience a power transient that would normally cause the UPS to boost or trim it'll quite likely happen again and you'll lose your load.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
Brad_C_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: what does it means the boost/trim rly fault code

It means the UPS is seeing an output voltage outside of what it expects to see. The most common cause of that is a relay weld on the boost/trim relay(s).Other hardware failures can cause the same issue.

If it powers up and runs ok and there is a faulty relay, next time you experience a power transient that would normally cause the UPS to boost or trim it'll quite likely happen again and you'll lose your load.