Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84865members
354358posts

what do you guys think about this

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Spring0105_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

what do you guys think about this

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/6/2009

I bought a BX1300LCD. I am connected to a computer, LCD monitor, external HD, modem, router, speakers, and a laser printer for UPS. I have the following questions:
1 - I want to know if I bought was right, maybe I can be more energy-efficient one. Mountain laser printer, connected to the backup to attract a lot of power (wattage indicator to a 800W) and equipment began beeping, so I connected the printer surge only.
3 - It was on this device in his review to complain about a noisy fan. It has a fan? I did not hear.

PS I finally did not in April surge protection (other companies) began to beep every time I print, even if the printer is connected to the surge only plug-ins. I called to them, they say it is because I do not have AVR's. I think this is nonsense. Do you guys think?SORRY for my poor english and grammar

Accepted Solutions
Erasmus_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Re: what do you guys think about this

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/7/2009

What you bought sounds correct for the rest of your load, but a laser printer should generally be plugged into an entirely separate outlet or surge protector, not into the UPS at all. The reason for this is that it can cause a voltage sag on the internal circuits of the UPS, similar to the effect that you would observe if you turned on a hair dryer in a bathroom or if your air conditioner kicks in. In these situations many people observe a momentary, or permanent dimming of lights in the room until the dryer/AC is turned off. I have not heard of any issues with the fan on the BX1300LCD being "too loud"...it may be slightly audible when it is charging the battery but to my knowledge we have had no issues with it being abnormally loud.

You are correct, AVR has nothing to do with the beeping or laser printer issue. AVR strictly relates to what the unit measures for input voltage coming from the outlet/mains.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
Erasmus_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Re: what do you guys think about this

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/7/2009

What you bought sounds correct for the rest of your load, but a laser printer should generally be plugged into an entirely separate outlet or surge protector, not into the UPS at all. The reason for this is that it can cause a voltage sag on the internal circuits of the UPS, similar to the effect that you would observe if you turned on a hair dryer in a bathroom or if your air conditioner kicks in. In these situations many people observe a momentary, or permanent dimming of lights in the room until the dryer/AC is turned off. I have not heard of any issues with the fan on the BX1300LCD being "too loud"...it may be slightly audible when it is charging the battery but to my knowledge we have had no issues with it being abnormally loud.

You are correct, AVR has nothing to do with the beeping or laser printer issue. AVR strictly relates to what the unit measures for input voltage coming from the outlet/mains.