Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84245members
353345posts

powerchute 2.0 doesn't shutdown my box with Windows XP SP3

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
vedyakoff_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

powerchute 2.0 doesn't shutdown my box with Windows XP SP3

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/6/2011

Hello there

I have APC back-ups es 700 conected to my home pc with windows XP sp3 installed
I use PowerChute 2.0 Personal Edition shipped with ups.

Weird things happen with it.
It doesn't shutdown my pc when the electricity dissapeared and the ups started to work from battery

I changed the property in powerchute to shutdown the pc after 1 minute idle or work on battery

When the power off, 1 minute past, but the pc doesn't go to hibernate. Just show me message that the PC will go to hybernate in less the 15 seconds.
Progress rich the end but nothing happens.

No logs or events in windows event viewer, looks like it just couldn't shutdown.

I updated BIOS to the latest version but nothing changed.

What it might be?

Tags (3)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: powerchute 2.0 doesn't shutdown my box with Windows XP SP3

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 3/7/2011

What is the exact model number of your UPS? Have you also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software? Also, make sure that hibernation is enable. One thing that you could try is disabling hibernation and simulate a power outage, it should shutdown the PC since you've disabled hibernate.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: powerchute 2.0 doesn't shutdown my box with Windows XP SP3

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 3/7/2011

What is the exact model number of your UPS? Have you also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software? Also, make sure that hibernation is enable. One thing that you could try is disabling hibernation and simulate a power outage, it should shutdown the PC since you've disabled hibernate.