Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84721members
354122posts

XPS 900 low batery charge

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
urzaserra256_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

XPS 900 low batery charge

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/31/2011

I currently have an xps 900 ups that doesn't not seem to have the correct amount of run time. I only have about 200 watts of use but only about 5 minutes of runtime according to powerchute, even with a 98% charge. This is not a battery problem as i have already switched the battery with another xps 900 unit that is reporting an accurate run time.

I am running windows 7 with all the the recommended patches and have updated power chute to the latest version.

Am I missing something, or is my UPS broken?

This unit is still within the 3 year warranty

Accepted Solutions
barryware_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: XPS 900 low batery charge

it may be just confused..

put a none critical load on the unit.. Load it up to about 30%.. Pull the ac power plug and let the ups run till it shuts off due to the batteries being exhausted.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
barryware_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: XPS 900 low batery charge

it may be just confused..

put a none critical load on the unit.. Load it up to about 30%.. Pull the ac power plug and let the ups run till it shuts off due to the batteries being exhausted.