Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84505members
353724posts

Will a Back-UPS BE350G protect against light brownouts?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
PrimeDerektive_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Will a Back-UPS BE350G protect against light brownouts?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/7/2012

My house gets a few brownouts at night with the AC units on, I have a moderately powerful gaming PC that has been performing erratically because of it. At work they had an extra BE350G and said I could bring it home, but will it help? It says in the specs that it will protect against brownouts, but I know it won't do it as well as a line-interactive UPS. I also know that at 200w it would never have a chance in hell of keeping my ~450w load PC running during a blackout, but that's really not what I want it for; just for a little extra juice when the AC is on. What do you think?

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Will a Back-UPS BE350G protect against light brownouts?

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 9/7/2012

i think its worth a try at least but you're right, that is a tiny unit and depending on how much wattage your PC is actually drawing, it may not do much. also yes, these types of UPSs do not have AVR (automatic voltage regulation) which might be better for your situation there.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Will a Back-UPS BE350G protect against light brownouts?

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 9/7/2012

i think its worth a try at least but you're right, that is a tiny unit and depending on how much wattage your PC is actually drawing, it may not do much. also yes, these types of UPSs do not have AVR (automatic voltage regulation) which might be better for your situation there.