Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84623members
353938posts

S15 Clicking

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
MikeKi_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

S15 Clicking

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/3/2009

My S15 constantly clicks. The input voltage to the unit regulary goes to 116V which causes the power conditioning to turn on and the relay to fire. Is there is anyway to adjust the voltage that turns on the conditioning? I know this is a defeating part of the value of the UPS, but having the unit click every minute or so will make me disconnect it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Mike

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
MikeKi_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: S15 Clicking

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/7/2009

Thanks for the suggestion. I had tried playing with that setting. Even on low sensitivity the unit kicks on when power drops below 116V which is regularly. I'm not sure if the power is really fluctuating, or it's the unit.

Any other ideas?

Mike

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 10/5/2009

Welcome to the APC Forum Mike!

Please use this link to retrieve the User Manual of an S15 -- [http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/ASTE-6Z7V9A_R0_EN.pdf]. Once you are on that page go to page 2-16 and look for Sensitivity adjustment. Adjust it to a much more lower sensitivity and let us know if there are any changes once you have applied it.

MikeKi_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/7/2009

Thanks for the suggestion. I had tried playing with that setting. Even on low sensitivity the unit kicks on when power drops below 116V which is regularly. I'm not sure if the power is really fluctuating, or it's the unit.

Any other ideas?

Mike