Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84306members
353462posts

Residential elevator in power outage

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
barfair_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/13/2007

My wife is disabled and we have an elevator in the house, powered by an AC motor with its own circuit breaker at the top of the shaft (230V 30A, and readily accessible from the attic). We have been experiencing some power outages and my wife is very concerned about what would happen if she was home alone and in the elevator during one of them. Would a UPC be a solution and, if so, which one and roughly what can I expect to pay? Where would it be installed? In the attic? Outside? I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Message was edited by: barfair

Accepted Solutions
barfair_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

My wife is disabled and we have an elevator in the house, powered by an AC motor with its own circuit breaker at the top of the shaft (230V 30A, and readily accessible from the attic). We have been experiencing some power outages and my wife is very concerned about what would happen if she was home alone and in the elevator during one of them. Would a UPC be a solution and, if so, which one and roughly what can I expect to pay? Where would it be installed? In the attic? Outside? I would be grateful for any suggestions.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
barfair_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes