Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84372members
353554posts

Recovery after power failure

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
dennisH_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Recovery after power failure

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/2/2009

I have an old BACK-UPS ES 500 which I love. I purchased it because it has a mechanical latching on-off switch which stayed ON even after the power failed and the battery discharged.. Everything starts up by itself when the power comes back on, even if I am not there. (So many of the other units I looked at would not start up when the power returned without someone pushing the momentary On/Off switch.)

Do the new BACK-UPS ES series behave in the same way as my old one--come on after the power returns, without intervention? If not, are there any other units that will?

Thanks,

Dennis

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Recovery after power failure

This reply was originally posted by Anonymous on APC forums on 4/2/2009

Hello:

Keep in mind that just because a unit has a momentary on/off button, does not necessarily mean it cannot come back on after a power outage. Many units can still remember what state they were previously in, even with a momentary on/off button. This includes the BE550G, which is the current replacement for your ES 500.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Anonymous on APC forums on 4/2/2009

Hello:

Keep in mind that just because a unit has a momentary on/off button, does not necessarily mean it cannot come back on after a power outage. Many units can still remember what state they were previously in, even with a momentary on/off button. This includes the BE550G, which is the current replacement for your ES 500.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

dennisH_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/2/2009

Ok, thanks! Will order one.

Dennis