Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84572members
353845posts

Pro 1000 fan continuously on.

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Mouli_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Pro 1000 fan continuously on.

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/15/2016

I have a Pro 1000 UPS that is around a year old. It seems to be functioning normally. But as of yesterday, I noticed that the fan is continuously on. I have read up on the support forum where it was suggested that you "brain dead" the unit to reset it's circuitry and I did so. Even then, the fan came back on in about a minute after I restarted the UPS. 

The UPS is in a well ventilated cool place and is running well within it's load capacity. It is connected to a power outlet so it isn't running on battery. At any rate, power outages last less than a minute, so it has enough time to charge itself. 

Do please advise on what the issue is as the fan is quite loud and irritating.

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Pro 1000 fan continuously on.

This reply was originally posted by Ben on APC forums on 12/21/2016

Hi Chandramouli,

I apologize for the inconvenience.

The fan on the unit could be running for a few reasons.  The unit is not getting proper ventilation, but you already confirmed that it is.  The unit could be charging the battery, or the battery could be starting to fail.  To get a better idea of your situation, could you provide the serial number of the unit.  Along with that, could let me know how often you notice the unit running on battery.

Thanks

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Pro 1000 fan continuously on.

This reply was originally posted by Ben on APC forums on 12/21/2016

Hi Chandramouli,

I apologize for the inconvenience.

The fan on the unit could be running for a few reasons.  The unit is not getting proper ventilation, but you already confirmed that it is.  The unit could be charging the battery, or the battery could be starting to fail.  To get a better idea of your situation, could you provide the serial number of the unit.  Along with that, could let me know how often you notice the unit running on battery.

Thanks