Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84446members
353648posts

Odd behavior from a new 750 ES/model BE750G

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Dazed_and_Confused_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Odd behavior from a new 750 ES/model BE750G

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/29/2008

I just bought a new UPS 750VA ES Series. It replaces my old Back-UPS Pro from many years ago (it was always reliable).

I know that my new UPS needs to charge for 16 hours after plugging it in. But, when I turn the UPS On it behaves as if it’s running on battery power - 4 beeps every 30 seconds. The unit is getting AC power from the wall. It's quiet if I have it Off. But 4 beeps every 30 seconds essentially renders it unusable due to the major annoyance factor.

Is this normal behavior (with a new battery)? If so, then will this recur each time I put a new battery in? I never had this problem with my old unit – I would replace the battery and I was off and running again.

I’m wondering if this unit is damaged.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
cathudog_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: Odd behavior from a new 750 ES/model BE750G

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/3/2008

Read the other post with the USB problems and if you can take t-0it back to the store and get a BB usit if you can or contact APC asap. It looks like more and more problems are popping up with this G unit and they are discontinuing the BB model.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
cathudog_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: Odd behavior from a new 750 ES/model BE750G

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/3/2008

Read the other post with the USB problems and if you can take t-0it back to the store and get a BB usit if you can or contact APC asap. It looks like more and more problems are popping up with this G unit and they are discontinuing the BB model.