Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84522members
353759posts

Generator for UPS

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
dvgiang_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Generator for UPS

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/4/2009

Dear Alls
I new member. I want to ask all of you about my problem as follow :
Now I using one UPS APC 5K for server system, and used one invidual Generator (5,5KVA) for that UPS. When main electric source cut off, Generator runing normally (Voltage, capacity,frequency..) but UPS did not received source of Generator (It was good condition at some week after installation generator). Please let me know why, how to solve... ?
Thanks so much

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Generator for UPS

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 2/4/2009

which UPS is this? do you have a specific model?

depending on the model and the topology, there will be a sensitivity button/LED on the back you can try adjusting.

also, how did you verify the incoming voltage/frequency was within range of what the UPS can accept?

i posted a couple articles below that may help as well..

[General generator information that I kind of summarized|http://nam-en.apc.com/cgi-bin/nam_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=7354]

[Generator sizing|http://nam-en.apc.com/cgi-bin/nam_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=7300]

See Answer In Context

6 Replies 6
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 2/9/2009

okay, this model doesnt have an LED button on it. you should be able to adjust the sensitivity via the network management card or in the menu on the front of the UPS. are you able to get to the front of the UPS menu and look for the sensitivity option in the menus? You can try adjusting it to low if its not there already.

if it is already on low, you wont be able to do anything else and may have to look into tweaking the generator.

dvgiang_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/10/2009

Now i have a solotion as :
When Electric source shut down, I run Generator and change UPS to bypass mode, it's ok or not !?

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 2/10/2009

yeah you can do that but it is not recommended, especially if there is a problem with generator power that could cause harm to your load (which is why the UPS goes to battery on generator most likely).

dvgiang_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/5/2009

Thanks for your supported !

dvgiang_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Generator for UPS

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/9/2009

Dear Sir
My UPS model is APC MATRIC 5000VA.
So you know how to adjusted ? LED button what is mean ?
Thanks

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 2/4/2009

which UPS is this? do you have a specific model?

depending on the model and the topology, there will be a sensitivity button/LED on the back you can try adjusting.

also, how did you verify the incoming voltage/frequency was within range of what the UPS can accept?

i posted a couple articles below that may help as well..

[General generator information that I kind of summarized|http://nam-en.apc.com/cgi-bin/nam_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=7354]

[Generator sizing|http://nam-en.apc.com/cgi-bin/nam_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=7300]