Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84303members
353460posts

General question?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

General question?

This question was originally posted by Mark on APC forums on 3/30/2013

I have a 6000 series (120/208v) APC UPS unit that shuts down when a serial cable is attached to the onboard external serial connection, any suggestions? 

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: General question?

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 4/1/2013

Sounds like you are using an on APC serial cable - the cable required for this UPS has a special pinout - you cannot connect a non-standard serial cable. This can also be caused by the incorrect model APC cable too. To verify this is an APC cable, the part number should be engraved on one of the DB-9 connector ends and begin with 940-XXXX - can you check for that part number and let us know what you find?

Also, it sounds like this is a split phase UPS - like http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=SURTD6000RMXLP3U - correct? Just want to make sure I know what model we are talking about to verify that cable. If it's this unit, it is an RJ-45 to DB-9 cable I believe.

You also might have an RT with a DB-9 style serial port and just have a step down transformer. Those use a DB-9 to DB-9 cable.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: General question?

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 4/1/2013

Sounds like you are using an on APC serial cable - the cable required for this UPS has a special pinout - you cannot connect a non-standard serial cable. This can also be caused by the incorrect model APC cable too. To verify this is an APC cable, the part number should be engraved on one of the DB-9 connector ends and begin with 940-XXXX - can you check for that part number and let us know what you find?

Also, it sounds like this is a split phase UPS - like http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=SURTD6000RMXLP3U - correct? Just want to make sure I know what model we are talking about to verify that cable. If it's this unit, it is an RJ-45 to DB-9 cable I believe.

You also might have an RT with a DB-9 style serial port and just have a step down transformer. Those use a DB-9 to DB-9 cable.