Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84722members
354123posts

Constant tone

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
caruso22_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Constant tone

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/2/2010

Hi!
Since a few days ago my APC ES 700 suddenly powered down and from the unit came a constant ringing sound. I´ve tried it several times with no computers or modem connected, but still the green light turns on a constant tone will sound. I can't find any solution in the manual neighter. I have removed the battery, cleaned the poles and reinserted the battery. Immediately the power green lights lit and the ringing sound continous. The APC is 3-4 years old and have't been overloades as far as I can see. What to do? There's no indicating lamp showing that the battery is low or defect. Wherever I plug the unit in my home, the same error occurs.

Accepted Solutions
darkfader_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Constant tone

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/1/2010

My ES 700 unit is almost 3 years old and does make the same ringing sound when holding the on button.
When power went down, it gave just one warning beep and then it went dead. I don't think it's the battery though, it's at 13V.
The other unit I have is still alive.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
darkfader_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/1/2010

My ES 700 unit is almost 3 years old and does make the same ringing sound when holding the on button.
When power went down, it gave just one warning beep and then it went dead. I don't think it's the battery though, it's at 13V.
The other unit I have is still alive.

caruso22_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/5/2010

The model of the APC is APC Back-UPS ES 700. Reading the manal with continous tone and no replace battery light on, there might be a case of overload. But the same units have been connected for years and should not overload the 700 model. And connecting the empty APC to any socket gives the same nonstop ringing sound.