Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84827members
354280posts

Chirping LS 700

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
dsharp43_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Chirping LS 700

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/22/2007

The last 2 weeks the unit has been "chirping" twice randomly while flashing the replace battery red light. It might go 8 to 10 hours without a sound and then it might do it 6 times in the next hour. I have "on line chatted" with APC and called tech support but get people who don't know anything. They want you to upgrade or buy a battery. On line chat thought it was the unit trying to regulate voltage and wanted me to lower the sensitivity. Can't do that with this unit. Right? Tech support said software won't work on my operating system. I have mac 10.4.9. He said it would only work on 10.4.1. Performed the battery test by holding down power button and everything performed OK. If battery was bad wouldn't the red light stay lit? Help Thanks

Accepted Solutions
dsharp43_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Chirping LS 700

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/23/2007

The last 2 weeks the unit has been "chirping" twice randomly while flashing the replace battery red light. It might go 8 to 10 hours without a sound and then it might do it 6 times in the next hour. I have "on line chatted" with APC and called tech support but get people who don't know anything. They want you to upgrade or buy a battery. On line chat thought it was the unit trying to regulate voltage and wanted me to lower the sensitivity. Can't do that with this unit. Right? Tech support said software won't work on my operating system. I have mac 10.4.9. He said it would only work on 10.4.1. Performed the battery test by holding down power button and everything performed OK. If battery was bad wouldn't the red light stay lit? Help Thanks

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
dsharp43_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Chirping LS 700

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/23/2007