Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84600members
353869posts

Charging a RBC7 without UPS

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
bakes99_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/22/2013

Purchased a replacement battery (RBC7) for my SUA1500 and it arrived today. The old one had been removed a few months ago and just now got around to replacing it.  Problem is, the UPS won't go on line power.  Only battery.  Tried a couple of things like the white button over the fuse, different outlets and been on internet better part of afternoon. to no avail.

Not too tech savy, so just wondering if I can hook up to my 12v intelligent charger from my garage to keep it in good shape till I figure out what to do with it?  UPS is out of warranty and don't know of anywhere near me that services them.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
J

Accepted Solutions
bakes99_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Charging a RBC7 without UPS

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/23/2013

Okay so the charger doesn't work, but tried some more trouble shooting.  Just appears that no ac power is getting to my unit.  there is no difference in when I unplug or plug it in.  Could it be just a blown fuse.  If so, how do I get a replacement?  Open to any other ideas.  help!!!!!

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
bakes99_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/27/2013

Thank so much for getting back to me. 

I'm assuming that when you say to unplug  cable from the input, you mean unplug from electrical with the battery hooked up to unit, is this correct?

When I follow your steps, I do hear the unit switch on, the green light comes on in the back "Sensitivity" and the unit lights up in the front.  When I switch the unit on, The "On Line" light flashes approx 30 or so times and the light goes out.  It remains "On Battery" showing 4/5 bars charged.

Thanks again.

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Llewellyn on APC forums on 11/27/2013

I believe the unit has a faulty component that needs to be repaired and you will have to take the unit into a service center to get looked at. Just to run you through whats happening. When the unit first gets switched on it goes on line - "On Line" green starts flashing green to indicate it is about to do a self test. The unit does a self test but doesn't switch back to mains operation, the self test normal runs between 3-5 seconds. So the signal is not getting back to the main micro to return to normal operation so it will continue to run on battery till exhausted.

It would be best to have a tech look at the unit.

bakes99_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Purchased a replacement battery (RBC7) for my SUA1500 and it arrived today. The old one had been removed a few months ago and just now got around to replacing it.  Problem is, the UPS won't go on line power.  Only battery.  Tried a couple of things like the white button over the fuse, different outlets and been on internet better part of afternoon. to no avail.

Not too tech savy, so just wondering if I can hook up to my 12v intelligent charger from my garage to keep it in good shape till I figure out what to do with it?  UPS is out of warranty and don't know of anywhere near me that services them.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
J

bakes99_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Okay so the charger doesn't work, but tried some more trouble shooting.  Just appears that no ac power is getting to my unit.  there is no difference in when I unplug or plug it in.  Could it be just a blown fuse.  If so, how do I get a replacement?  Open to any other ideas.  help!!!!!