Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82514members
350118posts

Can not uninstall power chute on XP

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Can not uninstall power chute on XP

This question was originally posted by hestrada on APC forums on 10/26/2010

I cannot uninstall power chute business edition server, after a failed installation (server installation hangs while trying to create the server service) I'm running XP pro SP2, I'm trying to remove it from add/remove programs and at the end it says program successfully removed, but powerchute server software is still there, any idea?

Accepted Solutions
dan_at_xxtreme.net_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Can not uninstall power chute on XP

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/8/2011

i tried to install powerchute BE 6.2.2(i believe) it hung and i reallized there was an issue i got the updated 9.0 version. tried to install it and it says " the installed version of the application could not be determined . the setup will now terminate. what do i need to do to remove the previous version of PowerChute B.E. so that i can upgrade to 9.0 currently running win 2k8 R2

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
KDSchalt_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/14/2011

Hi@all,

i want to install APC Powerchute Business Edition Server 6.0.2 on a XP PC.

When i install the Server the installation hangs on "creating Server Service". I kill the process.
I can't uninstall the Server, so i try to delete the Registry entries.

The entries: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_APCPBESERVER and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_APCPBESERVER cant be deletet in safe mode too.

I try to reinstall the Software: no success!

Need help!

Message was edited by: KDSchalt

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 10/26/2010

i will email you instructions for manual uninstall from Windows XP.

lets start there and get rid of everything and start clean.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Guillermo on APC forums on 3/21/2011

please send me instructions to uninstall the APC PowerChute. I have version 1.3 and I'm operating XP

Thanks

dan_at_xxtreme.net_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/8/2011

i tried to install powerchute BE 6.2.2(i believe) it hung and i reallized there was an issue i got the updated 9.0 version. tried to install it and it says " the installed version of the application could not be determined . the setup will now terminate. what do i need to do to remove the previous version of PowerChute B.E. so that i can upgrade to 9.0 currently running win 2k8 R2